Oktoberfest Chicken by Chef Sunny Gilbert
This is our Chef Sunny Gilbert famous juicy oven roasted Chicken (work on the bbq as well).
- Organize a Bier.
- Open the Bier and PROST (Cheers) to your family and the Chicken .
- Pre heat your oven to 140
- Remove your Chicken for the bag and reserve the juices.
- Place the Chicken in a roasting tray with skin facing up and pour the excess juice over it (this is for the sauce) Sprinkle with the salt provided. Now pop it in the oven for 30 min (we are slow roasting to heat the chicken through and get the skin ready for crispiness. Also, to release the juices from the chicken for the sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven.
- Turn oven up to 240
- Quickly have a quick skull of your Bier (Important) Do not Skip this it’s essential to the outcome of the meal.
- Ok give the chicken a good covering of olive oil and put the chicken back in the oven should take about 10 to 20 min (depends on your oven).
- Keep checking every 5 min to see if it is crisping up and golden brown; remember every oven is different. The chicken is ready when skin golden brown.
- So, this sounds a bit exhausting so better have another skull of bier.
- While the chicken is doing its magic, Cut the lemon in Half, ready to finish the sauce.
- Quick check your Bier it might be getting warm.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest a least 20 min
- Now for the sauce, put the drippings from the tray into a saucepan; this is the deliciousness. Squeeze the lemon juice in and then over a medium heat add your butter. Reduce it down until the colour goes golden to a darkish brown.
Add approximately 50 to 100mls of water. Whisk until the sauce comes together, now you are ready to serve
- Important – Please make sure the chicken has been rested.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and you are done
- Congratulations you are a winner
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner